This is my first ever dessert in this blog.
We'll be cooking Sticky Rice with Mango on the side.
Or in the Philippines, we call this 'Biko'
Biko is a sweet sticky rice and one of my favorite dessert.
I can eat loads and loads of this!
Our nanay used to cook this for us using raw brown sugar and that is the traditional way. Biko is brown in color and with latik (coconut toppings)
But today, Ill be making a twist and use white sugar instead - more of a Thai version. Simply because I do not have raw sugar at the moment. Just kidding!
1 cup Glutinous Rice
1 cup Cold Water
1 cup Coconut Milk
1/2 cup White Sugar
pinch of Salt
1 ripe Mango
sesame seeds (optional)
How To :
1. Soak rice with cold water for 4 hrs or overnight
2. Turn on steamer, put enough water. Drain the rice, spread on the container and cover with lid.
3. Cook this for 20 - 25 minutes.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, pour coconut milk, sugar and pinch of salt - let this boil and set aside.
4.Transfer the cooked rice in a bowl and pour in 3/4 of the coconut sauce and let this sit for few minutes.
5. While waiting you can now toeast sesame seeds to garnish on top of the rice.
6. Once cooked, just spread the remaining coconut sauce and sesame seeds. Serve.
Serves : 4